Sunday, September 24, 2006

elitist or devoted

wats wit the some pple and some religion that they have this elitist attitude towards others... i don really understand this..but this has proven to be a big stumbling block towards some pple..

since young.. i went to a christian kindergarden.. so well..i was to pray every morning and before meals and stuff like tat... well.. i thought tat was the way to go.. plus my classmates were really cute.. (ya.. even at that age.. luckily as i grew up i prefer those in the legal age groups).. anyway.. i was quite influenced by my 3 aunties who of cos are devoted christians.. and going to church wit them were fun... however i was always one wit a mind on how i should behave and think and not let anyone mess wit my brain.. and pocket for tat matter.. i was well defending the religion from my father when he mentioned tat members of that church have to or were encouraged to give 10% of their pay to the church for charitable purposes... hmm.. didnt believe tat in the 1st place until i clarify that wit one of my aunts.. cant remember which one.. i was quite taken aback actually becos i don believe in giving a fixed and complusory amt to whoever.. unless tats my parents cos they raise me.. other than tat.. i give when i feel like.. so tats basically turn me off christianity... which is pretty sad cos there are lots of babes who go to church.. anyway.. i was like 7 years old when that happened...

i started exploring and learning the taoist fate...which is something which im still following today.. im not a very devoted one i think.. cos i don need to pray everyday.. of cos offering joss sticks to my resident god in my house is a must... when there is someone at home.. normally tat responsibility is taken by my dad.. and sometimes me.. but thats how my family is... we arent very into religion... not too much at least.. we don have to do all sort of things to pray.. not to a big extent anyway.. of cos.. normal festivals like chinese new year.. 7th month... got pray la. burn joss paper and make offerings... these are the things my family has done over the years.. and i basically believe and follow this tradition... seriously.. you think i will trade all these of traditional to change my beliefs to something else.. anyone trying is just basically pissing me off.. big time..

i always thought taoism and buddism goes hand in hand and are so almost the same.. and i was wrong i guess.. i donno about chanting in buddism and am greating reluctant to follow it.. my father and mother never does such things.... neither does my paternal grandparents... im greating resistent to anything and anyone tat tries to change my ways and beliefs in my own religion.. its seriously not easy to convince me cos i look at things wit so much slient suspicion and skeptism. oh ya.. and anything tat pple tell me need to pay money so tat you can have a better life is almost always frown upon by me.. onces pple tell me tat.. my internal defense mechanism will go... "you want to bluff my money, you want to bluff my money"...

and so happens.. in my family.. my maternal grandma greatly promotes the buddist belief and try to preach to me... not just me of cos.. my parents gets it also.. well.. preaching to me is like to drill into a diamond wit a metal drill bit.. but i hate it.. so i kinda avoid her now.. i don go visit them...no pt having to go there and the next thing she does is take out some buddist books and ask me to read... i have got nothing against buddism.. but i cant stand it when i get preached to..

then comes my uncle.. he is into another branch of soka... which i think greatly enchances the prestige and religious power if they can bring in more members... hence preaching takes a big part.. so i get it again..

and of cos.. my 3 fav aunties... they have been quite the best i can assure you... caring pple.. time and time again.. they have tried to get to go church.... well.. i have been very tactful.. so i always say.. if there are really pretty gals in church then i would be interested in going.. and the only reason im going is to get the chicks... so my aunts cant push too much la.. oh ya.. one of my aunties still owe me chocolates... those really expensive ones.. haha.. but of cos they don read my blog.. so i prob have to sms her..

i always said.. there are 3 main things you should never try to sell me... religion.. mlm and insurance.. don even try.. cos i will make sure retribution is unleash upon you... unless of cos.. you are:
a) my grandmother
b) my uncle
c) my aunties

oh ya.. nicelegs is single again..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home